Your wealth should give you freedom
To enjoy life, explore the world, and pursue your dreams.
Comprehensive wealth management
Life is full of changes, both good and bad. These changes often call for adjustments to your financial strategy. That’s where we come in. WheelerFrost designs and helps you implement financial solutions that allow you to live your ideal life while maintaining financial security–regardless of your circumstances.
- Interested in growing assets and planning for retirement
- Ready to retire and draw income from an investment portfolio
- Suddenly single and seeking a financial partner
- Saving for higher education.
- Looking to invest proceeds from a recently sold business
- Received an inheritance and unsure about how to protect it
- Needing funds from investment accounts to pay for unexpected expenses
- Unhappy with their current adviser and searching for truly independent financial advice
- Too busy to design, build, and monitor their own investment portfolio
- Needing advice on Roths, IRAs, pension rollovers, and retirement plans
- Seeking guidance on stock options, grants, and executive compensation
- Estate & Trust Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Analysis
- Investment Management
- Collaboration and coordination with your other advisors
You deserve to have your portfolio managed by people you know
We understand that every investment situation is unique and we strive to manage your portfolio in a way that is compatible with your investment objectives and orientation to risk, in a time-frame that meets your needs. Managing your money is our business. Your objectives matter. Our investment team, our CIO, Portfolio Managers, and our Investment Committee are involved in the process.
We know that you want to reduce your risk, keep your cost of investing down, and minimize taxes. We believe management of your investments is best when your managers are in-house, where you can communicate with them directly. Our team studies numerous independent research services to make our investment decisions and monitor your portfolio to make sure it is in line with your long-term investment objectives
Code of ethics
WheelerFrost believes that fee-only compensation is the best way to meet our fiduciary responsibility to you. We strive for excellence and to provide our services in the utmost ethical manner. This is why we promote and adhere to the CFA Institute’s Statement of Investor Rights. As CFP® practitioners and CFA charter holders, we are bound by both the CFA and CFP® code of ethics.
More than wealth management.
Advice for all stages of life
Family Legacy Planning
Let us help you begin living your legacy
Is a family legacy plan right for you?
A good plan can provide specific answers to your questions and raise key points for consideration, like
- What values have guided me?
- How can I share my values with my children and future generations?
- How do I prepare my children to manage their inheritance?
- What is my vision for future generations?
Building the perfect legacy plan
Create a framework
We start creating a framework by identifying the priorities of you and your inheritors:
- Values and life lessons
- Instructions and wishes to be fulfilled
- Personal possessions of emotional value
- Financial assets
Develop your plan
We’ll guide you and your family through these important steps to produce a values-driven plan.
- Review family history
- Identify roles
- Plan for major family transitions
- Identify individual family member’s goals and values
Draft your plan
We’ll coordinate with your other advisors to draft the blueprint for your plan, including:
- Reviewing and amending your estate planning documents
- Ensuring unity between your legacy plan and your investment plan
- Deciding on your family’s charitable goals
- Monitoring and adjusting your Legacy Plan for the future
Take a legacy planning retreat
We will help plan an optional family retreat that helps strengthen family ties and facilitates the development of your Legacy Plan through education, goal setting and fun.
Ready for a Family Legacy Plan?
Building a strong foundation
WheelerFrost Private Trust
We’re on a mission to make your life and business run smoothly while we help you build and protect your wealth. That’s why we created WheelerFrost Private Trust and it’s why we partner with National Advisors Trust Company, FSB. Working alongside local estate planning professionals we make ourselves available to act as your trustee and investment management solution provider. If you’re looking for a cost-effective, flexible answer to your trust management needs that is armed with local support, security and expertise, look no further. By working with National Advisors Trust, we deliver a comprehensive, locally managed trust service solution.
Security and expertise
While we’re serving as your investment advisor, we offer you access to the experienced trust professionals at NATC, who ensure the safekeeping of your investment assets. Regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC), a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department, and a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) NATC assures that your assets are secure.
Cost effective and flexible
Regardless of if you’re a sole trustee or a co-trustee, we’re happy to be part of your team. When working with co-trustees, you can depend on us to share administrative responsibilities that allow you to both meet the objectives of the trust and the needs of the beneficiaries. Benefits from trust services are provided in a cost effective manner with a competitive fee structure
Want to discuss Trust Services?
Complete your legacy
We can meet your unique estate planning needs now and ensure that they are in place for generations to come. We have 50 years experience working with families and businesses on complex estate planning issues. We offer private trust services through WheelerFrost Private Trust. Work with us to plan for your family’s future.
Plan your family’s future
Choose who will benefit
Your estate plan should reflect your values and let you decide how to distribute your wealth.
- Who do I want to receive my assets: family, charity, community, friends?
- How can I ensure that my assets will provide for future generations?
Reduce your estate taxes
We’ll work with you and your other advisors to minimize your estate taxes through:
- Estate transfers
- Charitable planning
- Other techniques
Maximize your estate’s value
We are qualified to assess the value of your estate and advise you on how to make the most of it.
- How much will it take to fulfill my wishes for my heirs?
- How does my business impact my estate plan?
- Is life insurance part of my plan?
Need help with Estate Planning?
Looking forward to a new chapter
Live the life you want
Retirement can bring freedom, growth, and joy, if you plan for it. When was the last time you took a realistic look at your expectations for the future?
Retirement planning is your dream development
As your ideas evolve over the years, WheelerFrost can be an excellent resource for learning how to get what you want out of retirement.
- Moving closer to family
- Traveling more
- Learning new things
A big part of developing your plan involves asking the right questions early on, and getting realistic answers tailored to your situation.
- How much money will I need?
- How do I reduce my taxes?
- How do I leverage my business?
- How should I invest my assets?
Although we can’t predict the future, we can continually test your plan to determine the impact of these, and other, factors.
- Varying inflation rates
- Returns on investments
- Life expectancy
- Costs of health care and long-term care
Our team of Chartered Financial Analysts and Certified Financial Planners will help you develop a retirement portfolio by considering
- Cash requirements
- Current income
- Growth of the portfolio
- Tax management
Want to discuss Retirement Planning?
Low cost wealth management solutions
No minimum requirements
All too often we hear stories of emerging investors that want to start building their investment portfolio even though they don’t meet the minimum requirements of investment firms. That’s why we created the Model Portfolio Program. This innovative opportunity provides emerging and small investors with simple, low-cost wealth management solutions through Exchange Traded Funds. If you’re not quite ready for an individually tailored investment portfolio but are eager to find a low-cost, entry-level program that will allow you to begin building your portfolio under the expertise of nationally recognized wealth management experts, the Model Portfolio Program may be exactly what you’re looking for.
Are you an Emerging Investor?
Business Transition Planning
Position your business for transition
Your motives matter most
Strategic buyer, employee buyout, family transfer, or succession manager, you need a solid business transition plan to develop a strategy, maximize the value, and position it for sale.
What comes next?
- What are my non-negotiables?
- Can the culture of my business be preserved?
- Am I willing to retain an ongoing role after transition?
- If the value of my business doesn’t meet my objectives, what can I do to increase it?
- What do I need do to keep key people on board?
- How do I transfer my expertise to enhance the value of my business?
- Do I want a strategic, financial or individual buyer?
- Is my business structured to sell?
- How do I locate and attract the right buyer?
Plan for What Comes Next
The better prepared you are, the better your chances for a successful transition, so that you leave on your terms and are prepared for your next success.
Position your business for transition
- When is the best time to leave?
- Should I: sell and retire; take a smaller role; transfer to family?
- Do I want to leave quickly or ease out?
Your Next Success
- How can I use my knowledge and skills in the future?
- Do I want to start another business?
- Am I ready for retirement?
Manage Your Wealth
- Wealth planning
- Investment management
- Trust Services
Your trusted advisor
Seeking a trusted adviser for you and your business? We know what it’s like to build and grow a business. Add us to your advisory board and we’ll look out for you with:
- A CEO who is a nationally recognized author on business transition planning and stock options
- A team that includes Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA), Certified Financial Planners® (CFP®), and a Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC)
- Fee-only with no commissions and no hidden charges
Are you ready for what’s next?
Employee Benefits Consulting
Making your employees’ retirement plans better
Your employees depend on you to make good decisions
Over 50 years ago, that is before ERISA, we started helping employers design, administer, and fund company retirement plans, and other non-qualified (no tax benefits) benefits for their employees. We have seen the changes brought by Federal regulations and economic shifts. Through it all, we have maintained our fiduciary responsibility to the employer and its employees. We look forward to helping you make good decisions for your company and your employees.
Independent advice putting you, your company, and employees first
Determine the right plan
Your company is unique, so why should your benefits plan be any different? We will help you design a plan to fit the requirements of your company.
- 401k Plan/Profit Sharing Plan
- Money Purchase Plan
- Defined benefit plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Executive deferred compensation
Your fiduciary responsibilities
As a plan sponsor, you have fiduciary responsibilities. We share your fiduciary burden by providing:
- Participant education
- Complying with changing laws and regulations
- Investment due diligence
Managing plan assets
At WheelerFrost you can count on:
- A solid background in managing portfolios
- Unbiased advice
- Collaborative relationships with your other advisors
- Full disclosure of costs
Our CEO, Pete Wheeler, has written several books on stock options. Here are some questions we can help you answer:
- Which options should I exercise?
- When should I exercise them?
- How do I realize value from underwater options?
- What are the tax consequences of exercising my options?
- What happens with my options if I get divorced?
Need help with your Employee Benefit Planning?
Athlete Wealth Advisory
Rookie or veteran, we can help you achieve your goals
Enjoy your wealth
Your athletic talent has made you one of the top wage earners in America and you’ve earned the right to enjoy your wealth. However you choose to spend your money, we can help you establish realistic expectations so your future is secure.
Your life, your game plan
Care for your family
Wisely handling family and finances is usually a top priority.
- How do I set aside money to educate my kids?
- Setting boundaries for requests from family and friends?
- How do I manage expenses?
Build your legacy
We’re prepared to help you build a legacy that reflects who you are and what you stand for.
- How do I want to be remembered?
- How can I support my favorite charities?
- Should I establish my own foundation?
Invest your money
Investing is not a zero-sum game – it pays to have a strategy.
- What should I do to make the most of my bonuses?
- How can I minimize my taxes?
- What’s the best way to evaluate business opportunities?
Prepare for your future
We’ll work with you to build a strong foundation, wherever your career takes you.
- What do I need to understand about my retirement and other benefits?
- How do I capitalize on my brand?
- Should I start my own business?
We’ll work as a team with your other trusted advisors to provide direction, support and accountability so you’re positioned for lifelong success. We’ll do more than take good care of your money; we’ll walk with you and your family through all the seasons of your life. Make us part of your team. Our goal is to help you grow and protect your wealth, and we have the experience to do it:
- Clients include active and retired professional athletes
- National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) Registered Financial Advisor
- Founding member of the Sports Financial Advisors Association (SFAA)
- Our team includes Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA), Certified Financial Planners® (CFP®), and a Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC)
- Fee-only with no commissions and no hidden charges
Are you interested in services tailored to athletes?